The Community School will accept applications from any student, regardless of race, creed, ethnicity, or sexual orientation, through the age of 17, who has successfully completed 8th grade or seeks to transfer from another high school, and is committed and self-motivated to advance his or her education, earn a high school diploma and prepare for college and career.
1. Fill out the online application form below or view and print an application out here and turn it into the school by dropping it off or mailing it to:
The Community School
337 West 30th Street
Baltimore MD 21211-2810
2. After the application is reviewed, the applicant will be contacted to schedule a one–on-one interview with the teacher.
3. Applicant is expected to attend a “shadow” day at the school from 7:30-3:30 to learn first-hand how the school operates. This can take place either before or after the interview takes place.
4. A second interview is held with the applicant, 2 adult sponsors of the student’s choosing, and his/her parent or guardian.
5. Applicant is notified whether he/she is accepted.
6. Upon acceptance to the School, the applicant and his/her parent/guardian must complete all applicable admissions forms and submit the first tuition payment and book deposit.
7. Transfer papers including transcripts, vaccine records, and a copy of the student’s birth certificate must be received by the School.
``I chose TCS because I needed a school where I could be in a healthy learning environment with friends and teachers that actually cared about me and my life.`` - Caleb